There are lots of different ways to organize thinkers in Axon. Assessment Groups, Invitations, Data Roles, and Teams. So why would you create a team for your thinkers, rather than any of the others?
The big difference is that Assessment Groups, Invitations, and Data Roles are meant to help you keep your database of thinkers organized, while Teams are meant to give your thinkers direct access to their data, and additional features on the thinker side of the Herrmann Platform.
When you create a team, that team shows up on their thinker portal under their list of teams
From here they gain access to all sorts of features, including
- Animated visualizations of the Team Preference Map, Average, and Composite Profiles
- An in depth explanation of how to understand their team data and information
- Quick Access to the Share & Compare profiles of every team member
- "Action Plans" which help them develop concrete actionable steps they can take to address team problems (BETA)
Herrmann recommends that whenever you do a team debrief you also create a Team on the platform to give your thinkers access to this data and information as a part of the debrief process.
When should I create a Team?
In general, Herrmann recommends teams for the following scenarios
- Functional teams that work together on a day to day basis
- Specialized teams coming together to plan a specific event or initiative
There are some restrictions on teams. In general we suggest that
- Teams should be 30 people or less. This feature is designed for teams where everyone works together closely on a regular basis
- Teams have had an HBDI Team debrief with a Certified Practitioner
How do I create a Team?
The easiest way to create a team is to use the link that shows up whenever you run a team report. Just below the link to download your report you'll see this link labeled "Create Team"
You'll be taken to the "New" Team creation page where you can name the Team. And you can add or remove team members, indicate the team manager in the list and then save this Team creation.
Once you save the Team, you'll be given a final option to confirm the changes you indicated.
Then you'll name your new Team, and search for the members by typing in the search block either names or email addresses for each member.
You can also create and manage teams from the "Teams" section in Axon. Under "Search For" select Teams, and then from the list of Teams you can use the New Team button in the upper right corner.
How do I view the Team I've Created?
Once you have created your team you can view the team by going to:
Search For > Teams
There you should see the list of all the teams you have created.
You'll have two options on the page:
View and Edit
Viewing the Team will allow you to see the Team pages just as they will appear within a Thinker's Portal.
You can use this view as a Pratitioner to introduce and encourage the Team members to use the Team resources for day to day and week to week activities.
How do I talk about Teams with My Thinkers?
- Provide the Team with an HBDI® Team Report debrief session where you review their HBDI® Team Profile.
- Incorporate information about the modules they'll be able to explore on their own into your debrief process. Here's an article that outlines the Team tile in the Thinker Portal
- The Team experience is meant to be self guided. Don't need to walk them through everything, just a few clicks to get them excited about using the Team module on their own
- Recommend they take an exercise per week to keep the session and their learnings alive.