The NEW The Herrmann journey is available. It is a self-paced series of 8 micro learning sessions that includes videos, games, and self-reflections designed to teach the basics of the Whole Brain® Thinking model.
Sections in this Article:
The Thinker's unique HBDI® results are integrated into each module so that a complete debrief has occurred upon completion of all 8 learning modules. Independent learning via the Herrmann Platform accelerates the language and adoption of Whole Brain® Thinking through relevant, actionable content thinkers can access anytime, anywhere and then immediately apply on the job.
Use in place of Certified Practitioner (CP)-led individual or group debrief OR as prep work for a group workshop or coaching session
• Journey provides an introduction to the Whole Brain® Model and cognitive science, with a detailed analysis of normal and under pressure profile results, modes, clusters, thinking agility, thinking at work, and more.
- Just as the whole brain works 24/7, the Whole Brain® journey is available 24/7. Everyone has the opportunity to get a comprehensive and consistent understanding of their profile and their thinking preferences at their own pace. The benefits to the individual thinkers -- the ability to learn about themselves sooner. The benefits to the Certified Practitioner -- the assurance of a consistent debrief sooner and time to provide advanced coaching.
- Anytime, anywhere access
- Designed for mobile, tablet, or desktop
- Fast-paced learning sessions that take < 10 minutes each to complete
- Easy stop/start/save
- CP can track Thinker completion
- Private and shared reflection options
- Interactive games and videos
- Knowledge checks to monitor comprehension
- Connects to sharing and team activities on the Herrmann® platform
Upon completion the Thinker has the opportunity to:
- Follow up with a conversation with a CP
- Review learning content already completed
- Move on to sharing or other team activities
- Look up other profiles (as available)
Below is a comparison matrix to facilitate understanding the similarities and differences of the various debrief options:
Traditional HBDI® Experience with a Certified Practitioner (CP)
Journey Experience Available Since 2018
|NEW Upgraded Journey Experience Available October 2021|
CP delivers a full HBDI® debrief and introduces Whole Brain® Thinking
Digital intro to Whole Brain® Thinking preparation for HBDI® debrief by a CP
Digital intro to Whole Brain® Thinking with an option for the Thinker to complete a self-paced HBDI® debrief
|Learning and Content||
Activities and outcomes determined and designed by individual CPs
2 multimedia modules featuring videos, journaling, and activities
8 multimedia modules providing a comprehensive debrief of the HBDI® Profile, private and shared reflection, knowledge checks, and shared profile creation
Scope and sequence determined by individual CPs
|Self-directed topics (<10 min each):
- Whole Brain® Thinking model
- Cognitive science behind the
Whole Brain® metaphor
- HBDI® Profile explanation
- Clue-spotting exercise
+ Additional topics determined as
needed by individual CPs
- Personalized HBDI® profile results
- Cognitive modes & clusters
- How thinking shifts under pressure
- Thinking at work
- Energy levels
- Thinking agility
- Your shared profile
(HBDI® & Debrief)
Varies by CP, at least 60-75 minutes
Varies by CP, at least 75-90 minutes
Varies by Thinker, at least 90 minutes with personalized pacing and more time for application
Determined by the shared availability of the CP and Thinker
| Anytime, anywhere access with easy
stop/start/save via any device
(mobile, tablet, desktop)
|Completion||Thinker must complete HBDI® assessment in advance of debrief||Thinker must complete HBDI® assessment in advance of debrief||
Thinker can complete in one sitting or over time; progress can be tracked by CPs
Learning Points in the Updated Journey
- Introduction & Instructions
- Whole Brain Thinking
The 4 thinking preferences
- Understanding My Profile
HBDI results summary
- Modes & Clusters
Preferred tasks and functioning styles
- My Profile Under Pressure
Understanding shifts in thinking
- Thinking Agility
Stretching your thinking styles
- Additional Insights
At home versus work
- Understanding Others
Sharing your profile
Learning that is fun!
- A current Herrmann Platform contract is required prior to adding this feature to the organization's platform. Contact your Herrmann representative to sign up.
- Once the contract is place, Herrmann's Client Advocate Team will review the data structure for the organization, and with the organization's input, the team will "turn-on" the feature, for the organization. Expect a 1 business day turn-around.
- Thinkers in the organization who created their user account prior to this feature being added will also have access to the new resources.
- Herrmann can provide recommended communications to be provided to Thinkers who now have added resources, and suggested invitations for Thinkers who will be invited to participate after the journey feature has been added for the organization.
- Herrmann does recommend announcing to those Thinkers who have already used the Herrmann Platform, that they now have additional resources.
- Herrmann provides resources to practitioners via the Herrmann practitioner portal resources tab:
- Practitioners can access articles and tutorials via the Help Center in the Herrmann Platform, and by using the continual support access on each page of the Herrmann Platform.
If a Practitioner can't find the help they need in the Help Center, they can submit a support ticket, and the Herrmann team will attempt to resolve support requests within one business day.
As with any software, from time to time a User will need support.
- Thinkers/Users have a continual support resource on each page of the Herrmann Platform. It looks like this: Using this "?" allows a User to access articles and tutorials.
- Still need help? A User can submit a support request. Support tickets are responded to as quickly as possible with a goal to solve the issue in less than one business day.
Maybe There's a "Bug"?
- Software releases occasionally have a bug or two. It happens. Herrmann strives to quality check all software prior to its official release. And we've had great reviews on this new offering since October 2021. But those pesky bugs can hide-out.
- Our continual support access as mentioned above is the perfect place to report any issue.
- The reporter of an issue may be asked for additional information. It is always helpful to provide the URL where the issue occurred, what action caused the error, and the browser used at the time.
- The Herrmann team quickly goes through a process to understand the issue and evaluate it's cause and the necessary corrections, and the reporter will be updated along the process.
More questions? Click here for the Frequently Asked Questions.