How to Invite Thinkers through Your Email system / Create a Unique URL
If you prefer to send invitations from your email system, you will still need to Create an Invitation in Axon. But rather than entering the email addresses, you will want to create a unique URL which you will need to copy, paste and send to your thinkers.
NOTE: Sending invitations through your email system negates automatic and manual reminders from Axon because the Axon system will not have email addresses for these thinkers until they have created a user account and started their assessment. A unique URL is only enabled for the number of seats you indicate in your invitation. This prevents “sharing” of the link by thinkers to those who you did not intend to invite.
And sending the invitation from your email system negates the ability of Axon to send reminders.
- Chose Create > Invitation
- This link will open a New Invitation
Note...do not enter email addresses in the Emails box...thisis only for sending invitations from Axon.
3. The following fields then need to be completed to create the invitation. Fields marked * are mandatory:
- Invitation Details
- Name*: This is the name of your invitation and the subsequent name of the group the system creates and stores the profiles in.
Name your invitations and groups carefully, so that you will recognize them in a long list of invitations.
- Email Addresses: Since you will be sending the invitation through YOUR email system you do NOT enter email addresses here. Simply skip this section.
- Number of Seats: How many people will be invited to complete an assessment? To send a unique URL via your own email you will need to enter in the number of ‘seats’ required.
- Memo: Enter a memo for example an internal reference number or billing details.
- Insight Application Products: Once you’ve selected an assessment you’ll see a new box open for additional products if you have access to them. If your Thinkers have access to the Thinker Portal (US & UK) they will also have access to the HBDI® Digital and HBDI® Mobile App. You don't have to select those items.
- You will then be presented with the choice for the Data Role (where in your Data Org Hierarchy, these assessments should live).
- And finally, you will be presented with a box to determine how you would like your Thinkers to have access to their results...do they open them with
- A Custom Code you provide at some point
- Their preference Code (ex. 1221) that you provide to them at some point
- Or the latest option is to use the Journey micro-learning activities and let them unlock the results them selves. If you have access to the "Journey" this box will not be shown, since you won't need to make a choice.
Once you have created your Invitation, you be provided with a "submit" and then a confirm page. This page will show you what you have selected as products, and how many are used from your License.
After you Confirm, you will be taken to the "Edit" page of the invitation. This is where you will access the URL you need.
- Within the edit invitation screen you will find on the list of options the choice to invite thinkers to complete an assessment via a unique URL. I’ll send my own invitation.
- Expand the section by clicking on the plus sign to the left of the text and simply click on the Enable Registration by URL button.
- Once this is clicked a URL will be created for you. Copy and paste the URL or the URL and the Webkey into your own instructions and send the email from your email. The button then changes to a Disable Registration by URL option should you wish to do so.
Once you have enabled the URL, you will need to choose a version of the URL you want to use...there are two options.
1- The long URL is great for embedding in emails. But if you are using a "Document" in word for example, the length can be a challenge. You do not want to "break" the URL into two lines.
2- The short URL with the Webkey is best for putting into a Document. It is easy to read, and the participant will need to be given the Webkey too.
Once you've decided which URL you want to use, you can copy it from the Axon screen and paste it into your invitation email.
Here's a sample invitation using the URL and Webkey, you can copy if you'd like:
Greetings! I'm inviting you to participate in the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument® (HBDI®) thinking styles assessment.
(Add any context for your situation here...for this workshop, for this training session etc.)
The HBDI® is a highly validated assessment resulting in a profile of your preferred approaches to thinking. This profile will help you develop insight on how you learn, make decisions, work in teams, solve problems and communicate.
The assessment measures preferences not skills. It is not a test; there are no wrong answers. Please respond to the questions as honestly as possible, keeping in mind your total self, at work as well as at home.
- To start your HBDI®, follow this link https://axon.
- And then enter this Web Key: ------ (please note this is case sensitive)
- The assessment will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
- You will want to be sure to capture your Username and Password, because you'll want to come back to your Thinker Portal again and again
- Please ensure that you complete the assessment by March ____, 2020.
Please do not reply directly to this message. Please use our ticketing system here: