HBDI® Assessment: First you will complete the HBDI® Assessment used by many successful organizations around the globe. There are no right or wrong answers and you will be able to learn about your results in the second part. Instructions to access the assessment are located below.
The Thinking Accelerator®, featuring HBDIinteractive®, is an award winning online simulation which was developed in partnership with IBM. In the simulation you will learn the Whole Brain® Model and receive a debrief of your HBDI® thinking styles profile in a personalized and interactive way.
As you go through the program, we would like you to experience it through the context of Communication preparing to learn new techniques to boost your individual, team, and sales performance in today’s highly competitive business environment to gain better results. You can start and stop at any time without losing your place. Also note that you can click on the CC (closed captioning) in the lower right-hand corner and read rather than listen. You can click on the speaker icon to turn off the audio.
Part One Instructions:
_____1. Your HBDI® assessment: (approximately 20-30 minutes):
To start your HBDI® click here:
Once you complete your assessment, a confirmation page will appear immediately after you click on SUBMIT SURVEY. It will include the link to the HBDIinteractive® simulation.
You can also return later to complete HBDIinteractive® simulation by following the instructions below.
Part Two Instructions:
_____2A. The Thinking Accelerator® Simulation: (About 1.5 hours total) With the ID and password in hand, you may go directly to the HBDIinteractive®.
- Login page by clicking: https://journey.herrmannsolutions.net
- Enter your username and password (This will be the username and password you used to set up your account to complete the HBDI.)
- Click “Continue” next to Interactive to begin or resume the HBDIinteractive® simulation.
- Select Main Menu (start with the very brief Module 1-Introduction- about 5 minutes).
- Continue on to Module 2, Fundamentals (about 20-30 minutes.)
_____2B. After you have completed Module 2, Fundamentals, pause and ask yourself:
- Considering the Whole Brain® Model, what might be getting in my way with my Communication style as I interact with my direct reports, peers, manager, and customers?
Note: You may wish to take a break at this time and return to the program later or continue on to immediately learn your assessment results.
_____2C. Return to the simulation, continue to Module 3 and complete My HBDI® Results (40
minutes). After completion, pause and ask yourself:
- Now that I understand my profile, how do I apply Whole Brain® Thinking to be most effective in my Communication efforts?
- What do I need from others?
- What can I provide them?
_____2D. Print the PDF of your Profile and I can answer any questions you have when we meet.
Note: Additional modules available for your learning.
After Module 3, you will have access to the Modules 4 and 5, Communication in Colors and Creating to Innovate, for additional learning opportunities.